Welcome to 6th grade Jr. Raider Football!
Practice in the Fall Season will be from 6:30pm – 8:30pm at Alpharetta High School (AHS) on the main football field. Practices will be held Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. All practices will be in full pads unless communicated otherwise.
Please make sure players bring plenty of water to all practices.
We are guests at AHS. Occasionally, we may have changes to our practice schedule based on AHS events. We will communicate any changes as soon as they become known to us.
Players should be dressed and ready to start practice promptly at 6:30pm. If a player will be late to practice or not be able to attend practice, please notify Coach Mixon prior to practice.
WE WILL HAVE A GAME ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND AND ALL PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE.
We will have two teams just as we did last year. We will discuss the two team system at the parent meeting.
Each player should have received his equipment. Players need to buy a chin strap, mouth piece, girdle and cleats. Players should make all equipment adjustments (e.g., adjusting their chin strap) prior to the start of practice. Also, each player should place a piece of white athletic tape on the front of his helmet with his name and the number of years playing football. If this is the player’s first year, place a 0 next to the player’s name.
Black 1-7 Silver 1-0
|8/20||3:30 PM||HOME||Black||Milton||AHS (Pre-Season Game)|
|8/27||3:30 PM||AWAY||Black||Sprayberry||Sprayberry High School||L 22-24|
|9/3||9:00 AM||AWAY||Black||Pope||Pope High School||W 30-0|
|9/10||3:30 PM||HOME||Black||River Ridge||Alpharetta High School||L 14-38|
|9/17||9:00 AM||AWAY||Black||Johns Creek||Johns Creek High School||L 20-22|
|9/24||1:30 PM||AWAY||Black||South Paulding||Sprayberry High School||L 12-38|
|10/1||3:30 PM||HOME||Black||Cambridge||Alpharetta High School||L 18-44|
|10/12||7:30 PM||HOME||Silver||Creekview||Alpharetta High School||W 18-6|
|10/15||3:30 PM||HOME||Black||Centennial||Alpharetta High School||L 6-46|
|10/22||3:30 PM||HOME||Black||Northview||Alpharetta High School||L 14-22|
|10/29||1:00 PM||AWAY||Black||Campbell||Johns Creek High School||L 0-22|
6th GRADE JR RAIDER FOOTBALL STAFF
We have a wonderful coaching staff that loves football, is committed to the program and whose purpose is to make each player a better young man. We are volunteers. The coaches are the following:
- Chris Mixon – Head Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org – 770-490-5430
- Reed Guthrie – Assistant Head Coach
- Steve Davis
- Doug Filos
- Willie Flynn
- Rick Young
Sideline Staff Members
- Craig Builderback – Equipment
- Trey Gil – Water
- Jamie Gil – Team Manager – email@example.com
- Kimberly Morrison – Team Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Head Coach: Chris Mixon
- We are pleased to welcome the addition of Chris Mixon to the Alpharetta Junior Raider football community.
- Coach Mixon is in his seventh year of coaching youth football having coached in the AYFA program since 2009. His football background as a player ended in high school, but his coaching experience includes football, lacrosse and basketball.
- As a football head coach, he has coached in three championship games with one undefeated season. Coach Mixon measures success in seeing young athletes make good choices in life, not just on the field.
- Welcome Coach Mixon!